Over the past five years, the Kenneth Rainin Foundation’s Arts grantmaking has more than tripled! We are proud of this incredible growth and that we’ve been able to support more programs and organizations. We are committed to continuing to grow so that we can understand and help address the complex and changing needs of the arts field.
As part of our strategic planning process currently underway, we are taking a fresh look at how we can better serve arts organizations while balancing a growing portfolio of grants. This requires finding ways to streamline our processes.
New and Experimental Works (NEW) Program
We are introducing updates to our New and Experimental Works (NEW) Program that will take effect in 2018. Because of these updates, we have extended the deadline for submitting Letters of Inquiry for this program and are hosting two pre-application workshops.
The NEW Program invests in projects by small and mid-size dance, theater, and multidisciplinary arts organizations. We are passionate about bringing vital programs to the Bay Area arts community and encouraging experimentation to advance the field. The funding focus and the amount invested through this program overall will remain the same. Elements of the program that are changing are outlined below.
NEW Program Updates
- NEW Program will shift to one grant cycle per year
- Individual grants will increase to between $5,000 and $30,000
- The grant period will expand to 24 months
- LOI deadline will be extended to February 9, 2018
- Letters of Inquiry (LOI) Period: January 3 – February 9, 2018 at 5 PM (PST)
- Full Proposals (by invitation only): March 2 – March 23, 2018 at 5 PM (PST)
- Award Announcements: May 2018
- Grant Period: July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2020
Learn about the Rainin Foundation’s NEW Program’s project support. Arts Program staff will be on hand to answer questions.
San Francisco Workshop
Wednesday, January 17, 5:00 – 6:30 PM
CounterPulse | Reserve Your Spot
Friday, January 26, 12:00 – 1:30 PM
The Flight Deck | Reserve Your Spot
Workshops & Resources
- Learn more about the NEW Program by attending one of our pre-application workshops.
- Read our blog, “How to Get the Funds you Need,” which describes our flexible approach to funding.
- Visit the NEW Program page and FAQs to see updated information.
RENEW & Impact Programs
The Rainin Foundation looks forward to working on our funding priorities in partnership with grantees, fellow funders, government agencies, and other valued partners through our Arts grantmaking programs. If we can help answer any questions you have, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org.