- Bay Area Performing Arts Spaces
- California Dance Network
- CounterPULSE (Fiscal Sponsor)
- Dancers’ Group (Fiscal Sponsor)
- Intersection for the Arts (Fiscal Sponsor)
- San Francisco Film Society
- Theatre Bay Area
- Initiative for Sustainable Arts
- The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America
- The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of Canada
- The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust
- National Institutes of Health
With just 1 hour a week, you can make a huge difference in the lives of local children. Become a volunteer reading tutor for struggling young readers–it’s simple, flexible, effective and fun! No experience necessary. With one-on-one support, on average, students jump an entire grade level in reading skills after only 25 hours of tutoring. Reading Partners’ structured curriculum is very effective and easy-to-follow. Volunteers are currently needed at Brookfield Elementary located at 401 Jones Ave., Oakland CA. If you would like to sign up or learn more about Reading Partners, please e-mail Alex Wyllie at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at readingpartners.org.
New data suggests that only 11% of CA’s low-income students score proficient on standardized tests. Help close the achievement gap by volunteering with Super Stars Literacy! Super Stars Literacy is an intensive, after-school program that serves 250 Kindergarten-2nd grade students in 5 of the most underserved schools in Oakland. Super Stars Literacy is looking for dedicated volunteers to work one-on-one and with small groups of students at Brookfield Elementary. If you want to help build the foundation for lifelong learning and achievement, please contact Britta Gray, Volunteer Coordinator at Super Stars Literacy, email@example.com, 510-777-0870.
Please suggest resources that would be of value to others in your field here.