To encourage students and postdocs to attend the Innovations Symposium, the Rainin Foundation offers travel awards to trainees who present their research at the event.
Travel awards provide reimbursement for ground and air transportation (coach/economy only) plus two nights at the Palace Hotel in San Francisco. Transportation will be reimbursed up to a maximum of $200 for travel within California; $500 for travel within the United States; or $1,000 USD for international travel.
Travel Award Eligibility
- Submit an abstract to present a digital poster at the Innovations Symposium.
- Available only to current graduate students or postdocs.
How To Apply
- Travel awards must be requested at the time of abstract submission. Learn more about abstracts.
- You will need to provide proof of your status as a graduate student or postdoc, in the form of a letter from your supervisor, when requesting the award.
- Only one travel award application per abstract will be accepted.
- Please register for the Innovations Symposium once you are notified of your travel award status.
Travel Award and Abstract Submission Deadline: March 30, 2018 at 5:00 PM (PST)
Travel Awards will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis. Recipients will be notified within two weeks of submitting their abstract.
Early Bird Discount Until March 30, 2018
Janelle Ayres, PhD
William DePaolo, PhD
University of Washington
Joe DeRisi, PhD
Brett Finlay, PhD
University of British Columbia
Center for Microbiome Sciences & Therapeutics
Donald Ingber, MD, PhD
Laurie Keefer, PhD
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Mary Keir, PhD
Ludvig M. Sollid, MD, PhD
University of Oslo
Gabriel Victora, PhD
The Rockefeller University
For questions about the Symposium, please contact Jackie Hausman.