The Kenneth Rainin Foundation supports research that is potentially transformative to diagnosing, treating and curing Inflammatory Bowel Disease. The Innovator Awards program provides $100,000 grants for one-year research projects, which due to their ground-breaking nature, may not be suitable for funding from more traditional sources, such as the National Institutes of Health (NIH). To date, we have funded projects in the following areas:
- Diet and Nutrition
- Epithelial Cell/Molecular Biology
- Fecal Microbiota Transplant
- Immunity and Inflammation
- Therapeutic Development and Delivery
If you are submitting a clinical research proposal, we encourage you to include basic scientific methodologies to examine the underlying mechanisms of the proposed intervention/treatment.
Funding criteria include:
- Scientific merit
- Strong evidence of collaboration
- Investigator capability to execute project
If you have questions about the Innovator Awards, please contact Health Program Staff.