The Kenneth Rainin Foundation encourages organizations to announce grants in the Arts, Education and Health from us in written materials or online publications and on social media. While your organization should be the focus of your communications, there may be instances where you would like to add a description of your funders. The following language should be used when the Kenneth Rainin Foundation is included:
- Materials should list the Foundation’s full legal name: Kenneth Rainin Foundation.
- To describe the Foundation further, please use the following paragraph:
- “The Kenneth Rainin Foundation is a private family foundation dedicated to enhancing quality of life by championing and sustaining the arts, promoting early childhood literacy and supporting research to cure chronic disease. Collaboration and innovation are at the heart of all its programs. Its vision is guided by the belief that change is possible through inquiry, creativity and compassion.”
- Please link to our website, krfoundation.org, in your electronic communications.
Click to expand the sections below for communications and logo guidelines for materials related to your grant-funded project.
Brand Identity & Logo Usage Guidelines
Please download our Brand Identity Guidelines for complete information on how to use our logo. These guidelines do not grant a license or any other right to the Kenneth Rainin Foundation’s logos.
To maintain the integrity of our logo, please follow the guidelines below:
- The Kenneth Rainin Foundation’s logo should never be used at a size smaller than 1.25″ wide (90 pixels) and .45″ high (32 pixels).
- Never alter the logo’s colors or elements.
- The logo can be resized as needed, but the aspect ratio must always remain 1:1.
- The logo should only be used in our approved colors, or black or white. In black and white applications, the logo should appear in 100% black or 100% white, and the logo should never be tinted to any other percentage of black or white.
- The clear space around the logo should always be a minimum of 3.5 X where ‘X’ is determined by the height of ‘foundation.’
- The logo shall not be placed over photos.
- If placing the logo over a white background, please use the colored logo.
- If placing the logo over a solid-colored background, please use the appropriate white or black logo.
- When you display the Kenneth Rainin Foundation logo on your website, please also link it to krfoundation.org.
Download Core Program Grant Logo Files
If you plan to issue a press release that will mention the Kenneth Rainin Foundation, please email our Communications Team. We will ensure that the information about the Foundation is accurate and can assist with any quotes you may want from us.
Media Inquiries And Requests
If you are concerned or want advice about media coverage your project has received or might receive, or if you believe a reporter’s question may be better answered by the Foundation, please email our Communications Team and copy your program officer in the message. We’re happy to help.
Foundation Social Media And Communications
The Foundation promotes our grantees’ work and shares information and updates on our website and social media, as well as in newsletters and other communications. We invite you to follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Vimeo and YouTube.
Please email our Communications Team if you have an event or news related to your grant-funded project that you’d like us to spotlight in our communications or on social media. In your email, please include one or more of the following:
- Links to your posts on social media that you’d like us to share on our channels. You can also tag us directly on social media.
- Materials for us to create unique posts on our social media. This may include draft copy, a link to a webpage with more information, social media handles or hashtags.
High resolution (at least 300 dpi) digital photos or graphics to include in our communications. Please include any pertinent information such as photo credit, alt text and image description.
Our Communications Team is available to answer questions or help with requests related to grantee communications. Please contact us or reach us by phone at 510-625-5200.