The Kenneth Rainin Foundation provides a limited number of invitation-only discretionary awards each year. Discretionary Awards allow designated individuals within the Rainin Foundation to direct a grant from the Foundation to a chosen nonprofit organization. Our discretionary awards program comes with a unique logo. It differs from the Foundation’s core program grants in the Arts, Education and Health because it does not invite applications or unsolicited proposals. These funds may fall outside of our core giving areas and approaches. They help to diversify our grantmaking and enhance our responsiveness to community needs.
While your organization should be the focus of your communications, there may be instances where you would like to add a description of your funders. Please follow these guidelines when the Kenneth Rainin Foundation is included.
- Download and use the unique discretionary awards logo below in materials related to the grant-funded project. Please follow the brand identity and logo usage guidelines outlined below.
- Materials should state: “Funded by a Discretionary Award from the Kenneth Rainin Foundation.”
- To describe the Foundation further, please use the following language: “The Kenneth Rainin Foundation is a private family foundation dedicated to enhancing quality of life by championing and sustaining the arts, promoting early childhood literacy and supporting research to cure chronic disease. Collaboration and innovation are at the heart of all its programs. Its vision is guided by the belief that change is possible through inquiry, creativity and compassion.”
- If your post is electronic, please link to our website, krfoundation.org.
Brand Identity & Logo Usage Guidelines
Download the Rainin Foundation’s Brand Identity Guidelines for complete information on how to use our logo. These guidelines do not grant a license or any other right to the Kenneth Rainin Foundation’s logos.
To maintain the integrity of our logo, please comply with the following:
- The Kenneth Rainin Foundation’s logo should never be used at a size smaller than 2″ wide (144 pixels) and 1.667″ high (120 pixels).
- Never alter the logo’s colors, 1:1 aspect ratio or elements.
- The logo can be resized as needed, but the aspect ratio must always remain 1:1.
- The logo should only be used in our approved colors, or black or white. In black and white applications, the logo should appear in 100% black or 100% white, and the logo should never be tinted to any other percentage of black or white.
- The clear space around the logo should always be a minimum of 4 X where ‘X’ is determined by the height of ‘Award.’
- The logo shall not be placed over photos.
- If placing the logo over a white background, please use the RGB logo.
- If placing the logo over a solid-colored background, please use the appropriate white or black logo.
- When you display the Kenneth Rainin Foundation logo on your website, please also link it to krfoundation.org.
Download Discretionary Award Logo Files
If you plan to issue a press release that will mention the Kenneth Rainin Foundation, please contact our Communications Team to ensure the information about the Foundation and the discretionary awards program is accurate.
Our Communications Team is available to answer questions or help with requests related to grantee communications. Please contact us or reach us by phone at 510-625-5200.