The Kenneth Rainin Foundation awarded $626,000 in end-of-year Education grants. In alignment with our strategy, the awards advance literacy efforts within the Oakland community. A few grants respond to the educator workforce crisis. Specifically, this round of grants supports:
- Boosting literacy achievement through access to evidence-based interventions.
- Increasing family knowledge and partnership in literacy development.
- Creating access to community and learning for Oakland’s current early care professionals.
- Developing resources that reimagine the teaching role to increase educator retention and student achievement.
Organizations that received funding include:
- Ignite! Reading
- Oakland Smart and Strong
- Kristi Yamaguchi’s Always Dream
- Oakland Unified School District
- Boon Philanthropy, Inc.
- Eat. Learn. Play. Foundation
- EDvance College
- Education Resource Strategies
The Rainin Foundation remains focused on ensuring that every child enters kindergarten ready to learn and reads at or above grade level by third grade. See the complete list of 2023 Education grantees.
Want to learn more about our grantees and their partnerships? Contact our Education team.